It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Central Michigan Chippewas (11-2) head to Miami (OH) to play the RedHawks (8-5). Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the RedHawks lost big to the Butler Bulldogs, 90-68, while the Chippewas won big over the Concordia (MI) Cardinals, 98-67.
Central Michigan dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.308 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. For those same stats, Concordia (MI) was 0.092 and 22.6, respectively. Miami (OH), meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 14.4). Nike Sibande played a key role for Miami (OH) with 24 points. Meanwhile, Kevin McKay had a good outing for Central Michigan, contributing 27 points and five rebounds.
The RedHawks won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 70-61. Miami (OH)’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Central Michigan. The RedHawks had a rate of 0.164, while the Chippewas posted a mark of 0.098. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Both teams have had a couple of players take their game to the next level over their last five games. McKay (0 points) and Larry Austin Jr. (0 points) have been great for the Chippewas, while Sibande (0 points) and Dalonte Brown (0 points) have made great contributions to the RedHawks.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s best offenses battle. Miami (OH) ranks 60th with 112.5 points per 100 possessions and Central Michigan is 47th (116.1).
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Miami (OH) RedHawks Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- Miami (OH) averages 27.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the country. Central Michigan ranks 191st in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- The RedHawks are 29th in the NCAA with 5.2 steals allowed per game while the Chippewas are 43rd with 4.8 steals allowed per game.
- The RedHawks rank 40th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Chippewas rank 145th (37.0).
- Miami (OH) ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Central Michigan ranks 114th (4.2).
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (4.7 above their season average).
- The Chippewas’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.8, up from 13.9 for the season.