The Eastern Michigan Eagles (15-13, 5-10 MAC) close out their home schedule at Convocation Center against the Central Michigan Chippewas (13-15, 6-9 MAC). Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Eagles lost a tough one against the Northern Illinois Huskies, 73-71, while the Chippewas lost big to the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 76-57.
Central Michigan did a great job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent) while Eastern Michigan did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-28; 71.4 percent). Eastern Michigan’s Thomas Binelli played well, putting up 26 points and five rebounds. Rob Montgomery fueled Central Michigan with 11 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Toure led the Eagles to a 73-70 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Eastern Michigan had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 vs. 25.7). Central Michigan, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (21.7 vs. 22.7).
It could be an error-filled game for the Eastern Michigan offense. Eastern Michigan ranks 326th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the gambling defense of Central Michigan forces the 43rd-most turnovers in the nation (22.2 percent). This game should be a battle of contrasting styles. The up-and-down Chippewas rank 11th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Eagles rank 273rd.
Central Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- Central Michigan ranks 88th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Eastern Michigan ranks 280th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Eagles rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Chippewas rank 102nd (3.3).
- Central Michigan ranks 221st in assists per game (11.6) while Eastern Michigan ranks 271st (9.8).
- The Chippewas average 9.1 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. The Eagles rank 149th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while Central Michigan ranks 240th (37.7).
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (16.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (6.0 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 2.6 for the season.