The Central Michigan Chippewas (13-12, 6-6 MAC) will be at the Convocation Center to go head-to-head with the Northern Illinois Huskies (15-11, 8-5 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Huskies fell to the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 65-60, while the Chippewas were defeated by the Ohio Bobcats, 77-69.
Central Michigan did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-24; 70.8 percent) while Northern Illinois held Miami (OH) to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.9 (below their season average of 26.2). Northern Illinois’ Eugene German played well, putting up 21 points and five rebounds. Central Michigan, meanwhile, was led by Kevin McKay, who recorded 23 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, McKay led the Chippewas to a 68-67 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points. Central Michigan’s 0.278 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Northern Illinois, who had a rate of 0.172.
Northern Illinois may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this battle. The Huskies currently rank 311th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.190, while Central Michigan ranks 37th in FTA rate allowed (0.176). It will also be a tale of two paces as the up-and-down Chippewas rank 13th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Huskies rank 314th.
Central Michigan at Northern Illinois ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Northern Illinois ranks 29th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Central Michigan ranks 237th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The Chippewas rank 218th in assists per game (11.8) while the Huskies rank 271st (10.0).
- The Chippewas rank ninth in steals per game (9.3) while the Huskies rank 187th (5.6).
- Central Michigan averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 81st in the country. Northern Illinois ranks 247th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 2.8 for the season.