The Wagner Seahawks (6-19, 3-11 NEC) welcome the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (4-24, 3-12 NEC) to Spiro Sports Center. The Blue Devils can put an end to a 14-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Wagner Seahawks Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Seahawks were victorious over the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers 67-61, while the Blue Devils won a close one over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights 76-75.
The Blue Devils had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.623 (above their season average of 0.450), while the Knights had a free throw rate of 0.182 (below their season average of 0.213). The Seahawks, meanwhile, had a solid free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.217) and held the Mountaineers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.465 (below the 0.548 mark opponents have averaged against Wagner this season). Wagner was lifted by Curtis Cobb III, who put up 23 points and seven rebounds. Ian Krishnan, meanwhile was a key piece for Central Connecticut State with 16 points.
In their first matchup this year, Jamir Reed led the Blue Devils to an 86-76 victory. He produced 17 points and eight rebounds. Central Connecticut State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.522 vs. 0.419). Wagner, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.8 vs. 27.5).
Wagner appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this contest. The Seahawks currently rank 85th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.1 percent), while Central Connecticut State ranks 345th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.1 percent).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Wagner Seahawks Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wagner, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Under
- Wagner ranks 139th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while Central Connecticut State ranks 290th (40.7).
- The Blue Devils rank 119th in steals per game (6.6) while the Seahawks rank 174th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Seahawks rank 132nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Blue Devils rank 249th (18.4).
- Wagner ranks 147th in assists per game (13.0) while Central Connecticut State ranks 251st (10.5).
- The Seahawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average).