The St. John’s Red Storm (1-0) will be at home in Carnesecca Arena when they take on the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (0-1). The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Red Storm easily got past the Mercer Bears, 109-79, while the Blue Devils lost to the Hartford Hawks, 74-59.
St. John’s played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.1 and a free throw rate of 0.329. For those same stats, Mercer was 23.9 and 0.227, respectively. Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (19.4 vs. 12.5). St. John’s’ Mustapha Heron had a solid performance, putting up 25 points. Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, rallied around Greg Outlaw, who contributed 13 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Central Connecticut State could have a tough time creating turnovers. Since the 2018-19 season, St. John’s ranks seventh in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.4 percent), while Central Connecticut State has forced the 184th-most turnovers (18.7 percent). Also, the Blue Devils have been among the country’s best at getting to the line, ranking 52nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.270). The Red Storm, meanhwile, rank 322nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.280).
Central Connecticut State vs. St. John’s Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- St. John’s ranks 11th in steals per game (8.9) while Central Connecticut State ranks 209th (5.7).
- The Red Storm average 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 111th in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 278th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Central Connecticut State averages 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 149th in the country. St. John’s ranks 288th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Red Storm average 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. The Blue Devils rank 291st in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- St. John’s ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 200th (3.8).