The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (1-16, 0-4 NEC) head to William Pitt Center – West Gym to square off against the Sacred Heart Pioneers (9-7, 2-1 NEC). The Blue Devils can put an end to an eight-game road losing streak. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Sacred Heart Pioneers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Pioneers won a close one over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 77-75, while the Blue Devils were beaten by the Merrimack Warriors, 58-46.
The Pioneers knocked down 14 of their 19 free throws (73.7 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 34.6). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 20.6). Sacred Heart was led by E.J. Anosike, who finished with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Stephane Ayangma had a good outing for Central Connecticut State, contributing five points and 12 rebounds.
The Pioneers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the most recent matchup, Sacred Heart won 80-66. The Pioneers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Blue Devils. Sacred Heart had a rate of 40.6, while Central Connecticut State posted a mark of 26.2. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Expect Sacred Heart to own the offensive glass in this matchup. The Pioneers currently rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Central Connecticut State ranks 297th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent). Furthermore, the Blue Devils rank 268th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.195), while the Pioneers rank 24th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.157).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Sacred Heart Pioneers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Over
- Sacred Heart ranks 16th in rebounds per game (41.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 263rd (31.2).
- The Pioneers rank 78th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Blue Devils rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 108th in steals per game (6.9) while Sacred Heart ranks 150th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Pioneers average 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 249th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- Sacred Heart ranks 86th in assists per game (14.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 242nd in assists allowed per game (17.3).
- During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (10.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 3.7 for the season.