The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (7-9, 1-2 NEC) will be at Knott Arena to meet the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (3-13, 0-3 NEC) in a NEC matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Mountaineers were beaten by the Bryant Bulldogs, 66-59, while the Blue Devils beat the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 103-96.
The Blue Devils knocked down 22 of their 26 free throws (84.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.623 (above their season average of 0.478). Mount St. Mary’s, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-20; 70.0 percent). Omar Habwe led the way for Mount St. Mary’s, putting up 11 points and 17 rebounds. Tyler Kohl, meanwhile led the way for Central Connecticut State with 27 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists to notch his zeroth triple-double of the year.
The Mountaineers dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, Mount St. Mary’s won 71-57. Mount St. Mary’s had a much better turnover percentage (17.4 vs. 23.7). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 vs. 15.4). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Vado Morse has really been playing well recently for Mount St. Mary’s, averaging 15 points,1.4 steals over the last five games.
The physical Central Connecticut State offense might be living from the charity stripe in this battle. The Blue Devils currently rank 44th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.284, while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 190th in FTA rate allowed (0.233).
Central Connecticut State vs. Mount St. Mary’s Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- Mount St. Mary’s averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 92nd in the country. Central Connecticut State ranks 219th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- The Blue Devils rank 81st in blocks per game (3.7) while the Mountaineers rank 95th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 128th in steals per game (6.0) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Blue Devils rank 212th in assists per game (11.6) while the Mountaineers rank 238th (10.5).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 165th in rebounds per game (35.2) while Central Connecticut State ranks 180th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- The Mountaineers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Mount St. Mary’s has been defeated by an average of 9.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (5.9 above their season average).