The Merrimack Warriors (19-11, 13-4 NEC) will wrap up the regular season on their home court when they clash against the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (4-25, 3-13 NEC) at Hammel Court. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Merrimack Warriors ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Warriors fell to the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 65-57, while the Blue Devils were defeated by the Wagner Seahawks, 68-56.
Central Connecticut State had a free throw rate of 0.234 (above their season average of 0.183) while Merrimack had a better effective field goal percentage (0.469 vs. 0.462). Merrimack rallied around Juvaris Hayes, who contributed 19 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Jamir Coleman played a pivotal role for Central Connecticut State with 11 points.
In their first matchup this year, Idris Joyner led the Warriors to a 58-46 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 15 points. Merrimack had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 33.3). Central Connecticut State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.4 vs. 31.4).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Merrimack should have a considerable edge. The Warriors defense ranks 88th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472), while the Central Connecticut State offense is ranked 336th in effective field goal percentage (0.457).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Merrimack Warriors Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Merrimack, ATS Winner – Merrimack, O/U – Over
- Merrimack ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while Central Connecticut State ranks 230th (23.8).
- The Warriors rank 210th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6) while the Blue Devils rank 280th (40.4).
- Merrimack averages 2.9 blocks per game, which is ranked 148th in the NCAA. Central Connecticut State ranks 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Warriors average 10.0 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Merrimack ranks 133rd in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Central Connecticut State ranks 255th (15.6).
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 14.5 for the season.