The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (0-1) and the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0), who both like to play slow, will go head-to-head at Louis Brown Athletic Center. Action begins at 2:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Preview
In the Blue Devils’ last game, they lost a close one to the Hartford Hawks, 85-84. Tyler Kohl put together a good performance for Central Connecticut State, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Hartford had a better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 18.2). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.268 vs. 0.206).
The Scarlet Knights hope to keep it rolling after dismantling the City College of New York Beavers in their last outing, 94-38. With 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Issa Thiam was the game’s high scorer. Rutgers dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5 and a free throw rate of 0.258. City College of New York put up marks of 6.4 and 0.086, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Rutgers ranks 295th in possessions per game (67.0) and Central Connecticut State is 305th (66.4) since last season. Also, the Blue Devils’ 328th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 95.9) will face a tough test against the Scarlet Knights’ 56th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 98.3).
The Scarlet Knights won the only game against the Blue Devils last season, 79-37. Rutgers launched 10 three pointers, making four of them (40.0 percent). Central Connecticut State was, meanwhile, just 3-17 (17.6 percent).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Connecticut State, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Scarlet Knights average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 87th in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 159th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Rutgers ranks 320th in three pointers attempted per game (15.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 323rd (14.6).
- Rutgers ranks eighth in rebounds per game (40.6) while Central Connecticut State ranks 257th (33.3).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 49th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Blue Devils rank 230th (2.4).
- Rutgers ranks 158th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 235th (14.3).