The Maine Black Bears (2-10) and the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (5-6) face off at Cross Insurance Center. The Black Bears will try to put an end to their eight-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Maine Black Bears Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Black Bears lost to the Denver Pioneers, 63-50, while the Blue Devils defeated the Hartford Hawks, 75-68.
Central Connecticut State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 and a turnover percentage of 16.7. Hartford had marks of 0.193 and 20.8, respectively, for those same stats. Maine, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 21.2). Maine was lifted by Vincent Eze, who put up four points and 10 rebounds. Tyler Kohl led the way for Central Connecticut State, putting up 30 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
The Blue Devils won the only game between these two teams last year, 84-57. Central Connecticut State launched 20 three pointers, making eight of them (40.0 percent), while Maine was just 6-31 (19.4 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Kohl has taken his game to another level as of late for Central Connecticut State, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Central Connecticut State should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Blue Devils rank 61st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), while Maine ranks 279th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.7 percent).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Maine Black Bears Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Maine, O/U – Over
- Maine ranks 60th in steals per game (7.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Black Bears average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 184th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Maine averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the country. Central Connecticut State ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Black Bears have scored an average of 57.4 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (7.2 above their season average).
- The Blue Devils have outscored opponents by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Central Connecticut State has lost by an average of 1.6 points.