The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (0-3) seek their first win when they square off with the East Carolina Pirates (1-1) at Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at East Carolina Pirates Odds Preview
The Blue Devils got blown out by the St. John’s Red Storm in their last contest, 80-55. With 19 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Deion Bute was Central Connecticut State’s high scorer. St. John’s out-rebounded Central Connecticut State. The Red Storm had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. four), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 25) and total rebounds (38 vs. 29).
In the Pirates’ last matchup, they were dismantled by the Radford Highlanders, 73-66. B.J. Tyson led East Carolina in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Radford had a much better free throw rate (0.434 vs. 0.276). East Carolina, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 29.7).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. East Carolina ranks 303rd in possessions per game (66.5) and Central Connecticut State is 297th (66.8) since the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Blue Devils rank 333rd in offensive efficiency (95.1), while the Pirates rank 50th in defensive efficiency (97.8).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. East Carolina Pirates Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Connecticut State, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates rank 200th in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while the Blue Devils rank 325th (14.8).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 195th in steals per game (5.8) while East Carolina ranks 259th (5.0).
- East Carolina ranks 55th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Central Connecticut State ranks 269th (33.2).
- The Pirates rank 23rd in blocks per game (5.1) while the Blue Devils rank 236th (2.4).
- East Carolina ranks 99th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 231st (14.3).