The Cleveland State Vikings (1-3) will be at home in Wolstein Center when they challenge the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (2-3). Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs. Cleveland State Vikings Free Preview
The Blue Devils barely escaped the Coppin State Eagles in their last outing, 74-71. Tyler Kohl was the games high scorer with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Central Connecticut State played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.214) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 20.2). Coppin State recorded marks of 0.083 and 14.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Vikings played, they were topped by the East Carolina Pirates, 72-69. With seven points and 11 rebounds, Cleveland States Anthony Wright had a solid outing. East Carolina had an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.471). Cleveland State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Central Connecticut State offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Central Connecticut State ranks 329th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Cleveland State has forced the 24th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.1 percent).
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils at Cleveland State Vikings Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Connecticut State, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vikings rank 309th in assists per game (10.6) while the Blue Devils rank 229th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Cleveland State ranks 187th in blocks per game (3.0) while Central Connecticut State ranks 246th (2.5).
- Cleveland State ranks 85th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Central Connecticut State ranks 327th (14.9).
- The Vikings rank 24th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Blue Devils rank 156th (6.3).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 167th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while Cleveland State ranks 257th (37.3).