The Central Arkansas Bears (2-2) will travel to Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to take on the South Carolina State Bulldogs (0-4) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Central Arkansas Bears at South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Bears last game, they easily got past the Alcorn State Braves, 102-76. Jordan Howard was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Central Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.550) and a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 14.3). For those same stats, Alcorn State put up marks of 0.466 and 16.2, respectively.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 96-68 loss to the No. 23 UCLA Bruins in their last matchup. Donte Wright was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-17 shooting. UCLA had a much better free throw rate (0.179 vs. 0.056). South Carolina State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 21.5).
Opposite paces will be on display in this showdown. Central Arkansas ranks 32nd in possessions per game (73.5) while South Carolina State is 166th (70.1) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Central Arkansas Bears at South Carolina State Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 167th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while the Bears rank 310th (26.7).
- Central Arkansas ranks 214th in blocks per game (2.8) while South Carolina State ranks 270th (2.0).
- Central Arkansas ranks 68th in assists per game (15.2) while South Carolina State ranks 258th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Bears rank 194th (6.5).
- Central Arkansas averages 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 153rd in the NCAA. South Carolina State ranks 298th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).