Expect a fast-paced game when the Central Arkansas Bears (9-16, 8-6 SthLnd) visit Sam Houston State to play the Bearkats (16-9, 9-5 SthLnd). Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Central Arkansas Bears at Sam Houston State Bearkats Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Bearkats defeated the Southeastern Louisiana Lions 79-70, while the Bears beat the New Orleans Privateers 73-68.
Central Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.286) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.480). New Orleans was 0.268 and 0.473, respectively, for those same stats. Sam Houston State, on the other hand, was 8-16 on three pointers (50.0 percent), while Southeastern Louisiana was 7-27 (25.9 percent). Sam Houston State was led by Zach Nutall, who contributed 20 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. DeAndre Jones, meanwhile had a good outing for Central Arkansas, contributing 20 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Jones led the Bears to an 89-82 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 33 points. Central Arkansas made good use of their 38 trips to the free throw line, making 33 of them (86.8 percent). Sam Houston State, on the other hand, was just 15-22 (68.2 percent).
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that showcases two of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Sam Houston State currently ranks 13th in possessions per game (75.1) and Central Arkansas is fifth (77.1). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Bears, which ranks 328th in ball security (turnover percentage of 22.2 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Bearkats, which forces the 12th-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.6 percent).
Central Arkansas Bears at Sam Houston State Bearkats ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Over
- Sam Houston State averages 16.5 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the country. Central Arkansas ranks 242nd in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Bearkats rank 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while the Bears rank 274th (39.1).
- Central Arkansas ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.2) while Sam Houston State ranks 127th (3.0).
- The Bearkats average 9.3 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the country. The Bears rank 216th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Central Arkansas ranks 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Sam Houston State ranks 243rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- During their last five games, the Bearkats have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).
- The Bears have outscored opponents by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Central Arkansas has lost by an average of 8.1 points.