The Abilene Christian Wildcats (18-10, 13-4 SthLnd) and the Central Arkansas Bears (10-18, 9-8 SthLnd) clash at Moody Coliseum. The Wildcats look to prolong their six-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Central Arkansas Bears at Abilene Christian Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats beat the Sam Houston State Bearkats 85-69, while the Bears had no trouble getting past the Nicholls Colonels 84-65.
Central Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 42.3 (above their season average of 28.0) and a free throw rate of 0.442 (above their season average of 0.285). Nicholls was 14.0 and 0.188, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Abilene Christian’s 0.598 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Sam Houston State, who had a rate of 0.461. The Wildcats’ mark was above their season average of 0.506, while the Bearkats’ was below their season average of 0.518. Abilene Christian rallied around Payten Ricks, who recorded 23 points. Meanwhile, Hayden Koval played a pivotal role for Central Arkansas with 21 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ricks led the Wildcats to a 70-69 victory. He scored a game-high 24 points. The Wildcats’ 18.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bears, who had a mark of 25.1.
The high-powered offense of Abilene Christian will battle against the mid-tier defense of Central Arkansas. The Wildcats currently rank 95th in offensive efficiency, while the Bears are 318th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Moreover, the Bears rank 343rd in turnover percentage (22.7 percent), while the Wildcats rank second in opponents’ turnover percentage (28.1 percent).
Central Arkansas Bears vs. Abilene Christian Wildcats Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Over
- Abilene Christian ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Central Arkansas ranks 265th (15.8).
- The Wildcats rank 76th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Bears rank 257th (38.3).
- Central Arkansas ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.1) while Abilene Christian ranks 160th (2.6).
- The Wildcats average 9.4 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the country. The Bears rank 231st in steals allowed per game (9.0).
- Abilene Christian ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while Central Arkansas ranks 234th (23.8).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 11.6 for the season.