Andrei Svechnikov, Sebastian Aho, and the Carolina Hurricanes will face off against Auston Matthews, Mitchell Marner, and the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena for an Eastern Conference tilt. The first puck will drop at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, and you will be able to catch the game live on CBC Sports.
Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs Odds
The Maple Leafs (-135) are currently the favorite over the Hurricanes (+115), and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 7 goals (-110 over, -110 under).
Though the team is 34-26 straight up (SU) this season, Carolina has actually lost 1.9 units for bettors taking the moneyline thus far. 31 of its contests have gone under the total, while 28 have gone over and none have pushed. This 2019-20 Hurricanes team is 15-14 SU on the road.
Carolina has converted on 21.5 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. Its penalty kill is ranked eighth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.6 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 25.0 saves per game with a .904 save percentage, Petr Mrazek (20-18-2) has been the top option in goal for Carolina this season. Mrazek played last night, however, so Carolina may choose to rest him and turn to James Reimer instead (14-10-2 record, .914 save percentage, 2.67 goals against average).
Toronto is 32-30 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.6 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 62 regular season outings, 35 of its games have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just two have pushed. It’s 16-15 SU as the home team this season.
The Maple Leafs currently have the third-best power-play unit in the NHL, as they’ve converted on 24.1 percent of their extra-man advantages this year. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 25th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 76.7 percent of all penalties.
Frederik Andersen (27.3 saves per game) has been the top option in goal for the Maple Leafs. Andersen has 25 wins, 21 losses, and six overtime losses and has maintained a fairly-weak .908 save percentage and 2.91 goals against average this season.
Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Hurricanes, O/U – Under
- The Hurricanes are 5-0 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Maple Leafs are 1-4 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in three of Toronto’s last five outings.
- This game features two teams that put the puck on goal a lot. Carolina has taken the league’s seventh-most shots on goal (32.8) while Toronto has attempted the fifth-most (33.3).
- Over Toronto’s last ten outings, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-4 in those games).
- Carolina skaters notched 26.7 hits per game last season, while the Leafs forced 18.8 hits per matchup.