The Evansville Aces (7-2) will be at home in Ford Center when they go head-to-head with the Canisius Golden Griffins (4-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Canisius Golden Griffins at Evansville Aces Free Preview
In the Golden Griffins last game, they were beaten by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 73-65. Canisius Isaiah Reese had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 31 points on 10-for-17 shooting. St. Bonaventure forced the Golden Griffins into a turnover percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 21.3). Canisius, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.319 (above their season average of 0.195).
The Aces hope to maintain momentum after beating the Bowling Green Falcons in their last outing, 91-76. Evansville was lifted by Dru Smith, who was the games high scorer with 25 points on 11-for-13 shooting. The Aces held the Falcons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 31.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.714 (above their season average of 0.536).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Evansville figures to have a significant advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Aces offense ranks 23rd in that metric at 0.504, while the Canisius defense ranks 310th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.535). Additionally, the Golden Griffins, who rank 259th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.224), could struggle to get to the line against the Aces, who rank ninth in opponents FTA rate (0.256).
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Evansville Aces Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aces rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Golden Griffins rank 130th (34.5).
- Evansville ranks 151st in blocks per game (3.1) while Canisius ranks 252nd (2.2).
- Canisius ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Evansville ranks 318th (11.5).
- The Golden Griffins rank 106th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Aces rank 269th (6.0).
- Evansville ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Canisius ranks 175th (13.5).