The Quinnipiac Bobcats (11-13, 6-8 MAAC) and the Canisius Golden Griffins (9-16, 4-10 MAAC) face off at People’s United Center. The Bobcats look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Canisius Golden Griffins at Quinnipiac Bobcats ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Bobcats fell to the Rider Broncs, 79-63, while the Golden Griffins were defeated by the Monmouth Hawks, 85-71.
Canisius had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 29.1) while Quinnipiac had a better free throw rate (0.134 vs. 0.121). Quinnipiac was led by Kevin Marfo, who put up nine points and 15 rebounds. Malik Johnson, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Canisius with 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tyrese Williams led the Bobcats to a 90-73 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 26 points. One of Quinnipiac’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 9-9 (100.0 percent), while the Golden Griffins were just 4-7 (57.1 percent).
This could end up being a mistake-prone game for the Quinnipiac offense. Quinnipiac ranks 266th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of Canisius forces the 43rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.3 percent).
Canisius Golden Griffins at Quinnipiac Bobcats Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Over
- Quinnipiac ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.6) while Canisius ranks 207th (20.2).
- The Bobcats rank 104th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Golden Griffins rank 225th (33.6).
- Canisius ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Quinnipiac ranks 86th (3.1).
- The Golden Griffins rank 72nd in steals per game (7.3) while the Bobcats rank 240th (4.3).
- Canisius ranks 91st in assists per game (14.0) while Quinnipiac ranks 238th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 52.6 points per game (13.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.0 points per game (12.7 below their season average).