The Air Force Falcons (1-0) will be at home in Clune Arena when they take on the Canisius Golden Griffins (0-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148 points with Air Force opening as a 4-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Canisius Golden Griffins at Air Force Falcons Betting Preview
In the Golden Griffins last outing, they lost to the Buffalo Bulls, 80-75. Canisius Takal Molson put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Buffalo had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 23.9). Canisius, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (17-19; 89.5 percent).
The Falcons come in on a high note after beating the Texas State Bobcats in their last game, 65-57. Air Force received a boost from Trevor Lyons, who contributed 13 points and six rebounds. The Falcons had a much better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 28.0) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.8 vs. 25.9).
Canisius appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Golden Griffins rank 84th in offensive efficiency, while Air Force ranks 263rd in defensive efficiency since last season.
The Golden Griffins have had records of 18-16 straight up (SU) and 17-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been extremely precise when setting the O/U total of Canisius games since last year, with an even split between overs and unders.
On the other hand, the Falcons, have records of 13-21 SU and 13-13-1 ATS since last season. Air Forces games have finished under the projected point total 55.6 percent of the time over that same stretch.
Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Air Force Falcons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Griffins rank 101st in steals per game (6.7) while the Falcons rank 124th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Canisius ranks 258th in blocks per game (2.0) while Air Force ranks 272nd (1.8).
- Canisius ranks seventh in assists per game (17.5) while Air Force ranks 274th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Golden Griffins rank 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Falcons rank 315th in three pointers allowed per game (26.3).
- Air Force ranks 211th in rebounds per game (34.7) while Canisius ranks 270th (32.9).