The East Carolina Pirates (4-4) will be at home in Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum when they go head-to-head against the Campbell Fighting Camels (4-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. East Carolina Pirates Odds Preview
The Fighting Camels defeated the Stetson Hatters in their last contest, 85-78. With 20 points and six rebounds, Campbell’s Shane Whitfield played well. Campbell dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.280) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 23.3). Stetson was 0.129 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Pirates last matchup, they beat the Delaware State Hornets, 63-57. With 17 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Kentrell Barkley led East Carolina in scoring. East Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.250) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 28.9). Delaware State had marks of 0.131 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. East Carolina ranks 301st in possessions per game (67.0) and Campbell is 252nd (68.4) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Fighting Camels rank 31st in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Pirates rank 11th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451).
Campbell Fighting Camels at East Carolina Pirates Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Camels rank 139th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Pirates rank 225th (19.8).
- Campbell ranks 217th in assists per game (12.7) while East Carolina ranks 254th (12.1).
- East Carolina ranks 71st in rebounds per game (38.0) while Campbell ranks 284th (33.1).
- The Fighting Camels rank 114th in steals per game (6.6) while the Pirates rank 275th (4.9).
- Campbell ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while East Carolina ranks 130th (3.3).