The Saint Louis Billikens (5-6) will be at home in Chaifetz Arena when they take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (5-5). Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Saint Louis Billikens Free Preview
In the Fighting Camels last matchup, they defeated the Citadel Bulldogs, 87-77. Chris Clemons was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Campbell dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 25.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (below their season average of 0.593). Citadel was 25.5 and 0.439, respectively, for those same stats.
The Billikens are trying to rebound after their 63-60 loss to the Oregon State Beavers in their last matchup. Jordan Goodwin was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Oregon State had a free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.312). Saint Louis, meanwhile, held the Beavers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.478 (below their season average of 0.540).
The aggressive Saint Louis offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Billikens currently rank 29th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.310, while Campbell is among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 179th-ranked FTA rate of 0.234).
Marcus Burk and Shane Whitfield have been playing well over the last five games for Campbell. Burk has averaged 21.4 points and 1.6 steals per game, while Whitfield has put up 17.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Saint Louis Billikens ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Over
- The Billikens rank 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Fighting Camels rank 44th (19.1).
- Campbell ranks 20th in assists per game (17.7) while Saint Louis ranks 204th (11.9).
- The Fighting Camels average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. The Billikens rank 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Saint Louis averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 99th in the nation. Campbell ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Billikens average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).