The Campbell Fighting Camels (11-7, 2-4 BigSou) will be at the Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center to take on the Presbyterian Blue Hose (7-11, 4-1 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Presbyterian Blue Hose Betting Odds
In their last game, the Blue Hose fell to the Radford Highlanders, 75-64, while the Fighting Camels beat the Longwood Lancers, 68-58.
Campbell dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.519) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (above their season average of 23.6). For those same stats, Longwood recorded marks of 0.451 and 27.8, respectively. Presbyterian, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent). Presbyterian was lifted by Cory Hightower, who contributed 13 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Cedric Henderson Jr. played a key role for Campbell with 11 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Blue Hose won the most recent game 76-71. Presbyterian had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.556 vs. 0.448). Campbell, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 26.7). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Presbyterian ranks 289th in possessions per game (67.3) and Campbell is 253rd (68.3).
Campbell Fighting Camels at Presbyterian Blue Hose Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
- Campbell ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Presbyterian ranks 255th (26.1).
- The Fighting Camels rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Blue Hose rank 106th (3.4).
- Presbyterian ranks 206th in rebounds per game (34.3) while Campbell ranks 274th (30.9).
- The Fighting Camels rank eighth in assists allowed per game (9.3) while the Blue Hose rank 143rd (13.0).
- Campbell ranks 31st in steals per game (8.5) while Presbyterian ranks 161st (5.9).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (8.5 above their season average).
- The Blue Hose have outscored opponents by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Presbyterian has been defeated by an average of 6.1 points.