The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (11-15, 7-7 BigSou) wrap up their home schedule at Paul Porter Arena against the Campbell Fighting Camels (14-14, 5-11 BigSou). Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Runnin’ Bulldogs fell to the Hampton Pirates, 87-77, while the Fighting Camels defeated the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 66-51.
The Fighting Camels held the Buccaneers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.310 (below their season average of 0.500) and had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 17.5). Gardner-Webb, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.550 vs. 0.500). Gardner-Webb was lifted by Eric Jamison Jr., who recorded 21 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Cedric Henderson Jr. played well for Campbell, contributing 10 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Jamison Jr. led the Runnin’ Bulldogs to a 67-65 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 19 points. Gardner-Webb was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Runnin’ Bulldogs made 24 of their 29 free throws (82.8 percent), while the Fighting Camels were 9-11 (81.8 percent).
The Fighting Camels’ Cory Gensler has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 15 points,5.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Jaheam Cornwall has averaged 16 points,3.8 assists during that same time frame for the Runnin’ Bulldogs.
Campbell figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Fighting Camels currently rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while Gardner-Webb ranks 203rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.496).
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
- Campbell ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Gardner-Webb ranks 261st (25.2).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 39th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Fighting Camels rank 125th (3.0).
- Campbell ranks 58th in steals per game (7.6) while Gardner-Webb ranks 119th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Fighting Camels rank 25th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 220th (14.3).
- Gardner-Webb ranks 160th in rebounds per game (35.3) while Campbell ranks 292nd (30.5).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (5.4 below their season average).