The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (13-14, 7-8 BigSou) welcome the Campbell Fighting Camels (13-14, 4-11 BigSou) to Buccaneer Fieldhouse. The Fighting Camels can snap a six-game road losing streak. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Campbell Fighting Camels at Charleston Southern Buccaneers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Buccaneers fell to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 79-75, while the Fighting Camels were defeated by the Radford Highlanders, 73-60.
Campbell had a better effective field goal percentage (0.550 vs. 0.516) while Charleston Southern had a better effective field goal percentage (0.542 vs. 0.556). Charleston Southern was led by Ty Jones, who had 22 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Cedric Henderson Jr. played a key role for Campbell with 17 points.
In their first matchup this year, Phlandrous Fleming Jr. led the Buccaneers to a 77-62 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 21 points. Charleston Southern’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Campbell. The Buccaneers had a rate of 0.682 while the Fighting Camels posted a mark of 0.500.
The Fighting Camels’ Cory Gensler has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13 points per game. Meanwhile, Deontaye Buskey has averaged 15 points,1.6 steals during that same time frame for the Buccaneers.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Campbell figures to have a considerable edge. The sweet-shooting Fighting Camels offense ranks 54th in the nation in that metric at 0.530, while the suspect Charleston Southern defense is ranked 287th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.516).
Campbell Fighting Camels vs. Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Under
- Campbell ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Charleston Southern ranks 209th (13.9).
- The Fighting Camels rank 59th in steals per game (7.6) while the Buccaneers rank 165th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Campbell ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Charleston Southern ranks 49th (2.7).
- The Fighting Camels rank 116th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Buccaneers rank 255th (38.1).
- Campbell ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Charleston Southern ranks 147th (21.6).
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).
- The Fighting Camels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 2.0 for the season.