The Washington Huskies (12-15, 2-12 Pac-12) and the California Golden Bears (11-15, 5-8 Pac-12) face off at Alaska Airlines Arena. The Huskies look to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
California Golden Bears vs. Washington Huskies ATS Odds
In their last game, the Huskies lost to the Stanford Cardinal, 72-64, while the Golden Bears were victorious over the Washington State Cougars, 66-57.
The Golden Bears knocked down 21 of their 24 free throws (87.5 percent) and held the Cougars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.342 (below their season average of 0.464). Washington, on the other hand, held Stanford to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.7 (below their season average of 22.9). Nahziah Carter played a pivotal role for Washington with 10 points and nine rebounds. Paris Austin had a good outing for California, recording 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Grant Anticevich led the Golden Bears to a 61-58 win. He recorded 13 points and seven rebounds. California had a better effective field goal percentage (0.446 vs. 0.361). Washington, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Washington should have a significant advantage. The Huskies defense ranks 10th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.440), while the California offense is ranked 283rd in effective field goal percentage (0.476).
California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – California, ATS Winner – California, O/U – Under
- Washington ranks third in blocks per game (6.3) while California ranks 185th (2.2).
- The Huskies rank 153rd in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Golden Bears rank 253rd (32.9).
- Washington ranks 179th in assists per game (12.5) while California ranks 277th (9.2).
- The Huskies rank 86th in steals per game (7.0) while the Golden Bears rank 249th (4.0).
- Washington ranks 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while California ranks 302nd (14.7).
- During their last five games, the Golden Bears have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average).
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 3.6 points.