The Texas Longhorns (2-0) will be at home in the Frank Erwin Special Events Center when they clash with the California Baptist Lancers (2-0). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
California Baptist Lancers vs. Texas Longhorns Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Longhorns beat the 23rd-ranked Purdue Boilermakers 70-66, while the Lancers easily got past the Cal Lutheran Kingsmen 112-56.
California Baptist dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.708. Cal Lutheran recorded marks of 23.1 and 0.396, respectively, for those same stats. The Longhorns, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.289 vs. 0.131) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.633 vs. 0.475). Texas received a boost from Matt Coleman III, who put up 22 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Milan Acquaah played a key role for California Baptist with 27 points and seven assists.
Texas could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Texas ranks 47th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while California Baptist has forced the 39th-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent).
California Baptist Lancers at Texas Longhorns ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Texas, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- California Baptist ranks 47th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Texas ranks 234th (34.1).
- The Longhorns rank 176th in assists per game (13.2) while the Lancers rank 262nd (11.6).
- California Baptist ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Texas ranks 64th (25.2).
- The Lancers rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Longhorns rank 125th (3.2).
- Texas ranks 167th in steals per game (6.1) while California Baptist ranks 255th (4.9).