The Chicago State Cougars (4-23, 0-12 WAC) wrap up their home schedule at Jones Convocation Center against the California Baptist Lancers (18-8, 7-4 WAC). The game gets underway at 1:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
California Baptist Lancers at Chicago State Cougars Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Cougars got blown out by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 71-47, while the Lancers were beaten by the Kansas City Roos, 69-63.
California Baptist held Kansas City to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 25.5) while Chicago State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.455 vs. 0.538). Amir Gholizadeh fueled Chicago State with 18 points. De’jon Davis, meanwhile had a solid performance for California Baptist, putting up 21 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Milan Acquaah led the Lancers to an 85-53 win. He scored a game-high 22 points. The Lancers’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Cougars. California Baptist had a rate of 7.4, while Chicago State posted a mark of 20.7.
It could be a tough game for Chicago State on the offensive glass. The Cougars currently rank 315th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.2 percent), while California Baptist ranks 70th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.7 percent). Additionally, the 10th-ranked offense of the Lancers (offensive efficiency of 113.3) will go head-to-head against the 352nd-ranked defense of the Cougars (defensive efficiency of 116.0).
California Baptist Lancers vs. Chicago State Cougars Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- California Baptist ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.5) while Chicago State ranks 295th (29.7).
- The Cougars rank sixth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Lancers rank 103rd (3.3).
- Chicago State ranks 210th in steals per game (5.2) while California Baptist ranks 248th (4.1).
- The Lancers rank 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Cougars rank 277th (17.4).
- California Baptist averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. Chicago State ranks 266th in assists allowed per game (16.9).
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 53.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (8.5 below their season average).
- The Lancers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 10.8 for the season.