The California Baptist Lancers (11-5, 2-1 WAC) will be at Grand Canyon University Arena to clash with the Grand Canyon Antelopes (5-10, 0-1 WAC) in a WAC matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
California Baptist Lancers vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Antelopes lost to the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 69-62, while the Lancers defeated the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 83-75.
California Baptist dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.636 (above their season average of 0.286) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.540). Bakersfield was 0.194 and 0.463, respectively, for those same stats. Grand Canyon, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (14-19; 73.7 percent). Carlos Johnson played well for Grand Canyon with 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, California Baptist rallied around Brandon Boyd, who put up 23 points.
The Antelopes dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Grand Canyon won 91-58. Converting at the free throw line was one of Grand Canyon’s biggest strengths. They were 18-20 (90.0 percent), while the Lancers were just 7-8 (87.5 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Grand Canyon should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Grand Canyon ranks 45th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while California Baptist forces the ninth-fewest turnovers (15.7 percent). Additionally, the Lancers’ 20th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.6) will battle against the Antelopes’ 321st-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 106.5).
California Baptist Lancers at Grand Canyon Antelopes Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – California Baptist, ATS Winner – California Baptist, O/U – Over
- California Baptist ranks 26th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Grand Canyon ranks 249th (32.1).
- The Antelopes rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Lancers rank 114th (6.7).
- The Lancers rank 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Antelopes rank 210th (19.2).
- California Baptist ranks 56th in assists per game (15.1) while Grand Canyon ranks 167th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Lancers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average).