The Calgary Flames, spearheaded by Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk, are ready to take the ice against David Pastrnak, Brad Marchand, and the Boston Bruins at TD Garden for a cross-continent showdown. The first puck will drop at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, and you can see the game live on New England Sports Network.
Calgary Flames vs. Boston Bruins Odds
With a moneyline of -210, Boston enters the contest as the substantial favorite. The line for Calgary sits at +175, and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at an even 6 goals (-130 to bet the under, +110 for the over).
Despite posting a record of 39-24 straight up (SU), Boston has earned moneyline bettors a total of 1.1 units this season. Through 63 regular season matches, 34 of its games have gone under the total, while 25 have gone over and just four have pushed. The team’s 21-11 SU at home this year.
The Bruins enter the matchup with the second-strongest power-play unit in the NHL, as they have converted on 25.2 percent of their extra-man opportunities this season. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked fourth overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 84.1 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 27.1 saves per game with a .928 save percentage, Tuukka Rask (23-13-6) has been the principal option in goal for Boston this year. If the Bruins decide to give him the night off, however, Boston could turn to Jaroslav Halak (16-13-13 record, .918 save percentage, 2.42 goals against average).
Calgary has lost 7.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 32-31 straight up (SU). Through 63 regular season matches, 30 of its games have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under the total and just five have pushed. As the visiting team, the Flames are 18-15 SU.
The Flames have converted on 19.9 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked eighth overall and it’s successfully killed off 82.3 percent of all penalties.
David Rittich (2.91 goals against average and .908 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for Calgary. Rittich is averaging 27.8 saves per game and owns a 23-21-5 record.
Calgary Flames vs. Boston Bruins Betting Predictions
Free Pick: SU Winner – Flames, O/U – Under
- Seven of Boston’s last ten games have been decided by two or more goals, and the team is 5-2 overall in those games.
- The Bruins are 14-7 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Flames are 13-14 SU in games where they serve more minutes than their opponent.
- Boston is 0-7 in games decided by a shootout this season while Calgary is 6-1 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in three of Boston’s last five outings.
- Calgary skaters have averaged 8.0 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 11.9 giveaways per game (ranked 26th overall).
- Boston has averaged 7.6 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 9.9 giveaways per game (ranked 15th in the league).
- The Bruins this season have handed the seventh-most hits in the league (23.7 per game).