The Cal State Fullerton Titans (10-18, 5-8 BigWst) will be at the Matadome to clash with the CSUN Matadors (12-17, 7-6 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. CSUN Matadors ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Matadors were victorious over the Long Beach State Beach, 73-64, while the Titans were beaten by the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 70-59.
The Matadors had a better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 17.6) and held the Beach to an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below the 0.548 mark opponents have averaged against CSUN this season). Cal State Fullerton, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.561 (above their season average of 0.488). Lamine Diane put together a good performance for CSUN with 28 points and 11 rebounds. Cal State Fullerton, meanwhile, was led by Johnny Wang, who recorded 21 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jackson Rowe led the Titans to an 82-75 win. He recorded 16 points and six rebounds. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Cal State Fullerton’s largest advantages. They had 29 free throw attempts, while CSUN had 15.
The high-powered offense of CSUN (99th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 106.3) will square off against the mid-tier defense of Cal State Fullerton (210th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 101.5). The Matadors should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. CSUN Matadors Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – CSUN, O/U – Under
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while CSUN ranks 264th (25.0).
- The Titans rank 235th in rebounds per game (33.2) while the Matadors rank 244th (32.9).
- The Titans rank 103rd in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Matadors rank 259th (15.4).
- CSUN ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 108th (6.3).
- The Matadors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (8.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (7.6 above their season average).