The No. 10 USC Trojans and Cal State Fullerton Titans will clash at Galen Center to start their seasons. USC is a 23.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 151 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. USC Trojans Odds Preview
USC reached the Second Round last season as an 11 seed in the tournament, where they were defeated by the Baylor Bears. In the regular season, the Trojans went 24-9. Meanwhile, Cal State Fullerton failed to reach the tournament following a 17-14 regular season.
The physical USC offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Trojans ranked 87th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.273, while Cal State Fullerton ranked 302nd in FTA rate allowed (0.288) in the 2016-17 season.
The Titans were 17-14 straight up (SU) last season, but had trouble covering the spread (14-14-2 against the spread (ATS)). Games including Cal State Fullerton have a tendency to finish under the projected point total (60.0 percent).
Meanwhile, the Trojans were 24-9 SU and 19-16 ATS last season. Unlike Cal State Fullerton, a little over half of USC’s games finished over the projected point total.
Cal State Fullerton Titans at USC Trojans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – USC, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans average 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 82nd in the nation. The Trojans rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- USC averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. Cal State Fullerton ranks 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- USC ranks 61st in assists per game (15.3) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 237th (12.1).
- The Titans rank 105th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Trojans rank 242nd (22.8).
- USC ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.3) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).