A seven-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the 25th-ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers (9-2) when they clash against the Cal State Fullerton Titans (3-8) at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Cal State Fullerton Titans at Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cornhuskers won big over the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 106-37, while the Titans lost to the Arizona State Sun Devils, 102-94.
Nebraska played a perfect contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.659 and a turnover percentage of 12.1. Mississippi Valley State was 0.199 and 20.2, respectively, for those same stats. Cal State Fullerton, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.507 vs. 0.487). James Palmer Jr. played well for Nebraska with 17 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Cal State Fullerton received a boost from Kyle Allman Jr., who recorded 35 points and seven rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Nebraska figures to have a substantial advantage. The Cornhuskers defense ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.418), while the Cal State Fullerton offense is ranked 178th in effective field goal percentage (0.518).
Cal State Fullerton Titans at Nebraska Cornhuskers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Over
- Nebraska ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (8.9) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 137th (13.7).
- The Cornhuskers rank 15th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Titans rank 90th (3.4).
- Nebraska averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 114th in the nation. Cal State Fullerton ranks 175th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Cornhuskers rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (16.7) while the Titans rank 129th (22.5).
- Nebraska ranks 24th in steals per game (8.5) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 102nd (6.5).
- The Cornhuskers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 29.8, up from 20.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average).