The Cal State Fullerton Titans (5-13, 0-3 BigWst) will be at The Walter Pyramid to challenge the Long Beach State Beach (6-13, 1-2 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Cal State Fullerton Titans vs. Long Beach State Beach ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Beach lost a close one to the UC Davis Aggies, 85-82, while the Titans lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 74-61.
Cal State Fullerton had a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.213) while Long Beach State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.489). Long Beach State received a boost from Joshua Morgan, who contributed 10 points and 14 rebounds. Jackson Rowe played well for Cal State Fullerton, putting up 18 points and five rebounds.
The Titans dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Cal State Fullerton won 85-82. Cal State Fullerton won the rebounding battle. The Titans had 11 offensive rebounds and 42 total rebounds, while the Beach had four and 25, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this matchup. Long Beach State prefers to play up-tempo (51st in possessions per game), while Cal State Fullerton is methodical (267th in possessions per game).
Cal State Fullerton Titans at Long Beach State Beach Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Long Beach State, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Over
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Long Beach State ranks 236th (25.4).
- The Titans rank 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9) while the Beach rank 228th (37.7).
- The Titans rank 81st in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Beach rank 247th (16.7).
- Cal State Fullerton is 20th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while Long Beach State is 59th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Titans have outscored opponents by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Cal State Fullerton has been defeated by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Beach have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average).