The Cal Poly Mustangs (4-12, 1-1 BigWst) visit Stan Sheriff Center to clash with the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (10-6, 1-1 BigWst). The Mustangs can end an eight-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 1 a.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors ATS Odds
In their last game, the Rainbow Warriors lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 74-60, while the Mustangs dismantled the CSUN Matadors, 74-56.
Cal Poly dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (above their season average of 23.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (above their season average of 0.471). For those same stats, CSUN recorded marks of 8.3 and 0.396, respectively. Hawaii, meanwhile, held UC Irvine to an effective field goal percentage of 0.445 (below their season average of 0.513). Samuta Avea played a key role for Hawaii with 14 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Tuukka Jaakkola played well for Cal Poly, finishing with 17 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Mustangs won the most recent matchup 88-80. Cal Poly’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Hawaii. The Mustangs had a rate of 0.650 while the Rainbow Warriors posted a mark of 0.500. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Hawaii, ATS Winner – Hawaii, O/U – Under
- Hawaii ranks 89th in assists per game (14.2) while Cal Poly ranks 237th (9.8).
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 139th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Mustangs rank 242nd (18.3).
- Hawaii ranks 216th in rebounds per game (33.9) while Cal Poly ranks 266th (31.8).
- The Rainbow Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mustangs have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).