The Cal Poly Mustangs (7-16, 4-5 BigWst) and the CSUN Matadors (10-15, 5-4 BigWst) battle at Matadome. The Mustangs will try to snap a 12-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Cal Poly Mustangs at CSUN Matadors ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Matadors edged the UC Riverside Highlanders 61-59, while the Mustangs defeated the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors 79-75.
The Mustangs held the Rainbow Warriors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.510) and had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 18.2). The Matadors, on the other hand, had a superb turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 15.1) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (above their season average of 25.1). Lamine Diane put together a solid outing for CSUN with 12 points and 15 rebounds. Junior Ballard, meanwhile led the way for Cal Poly, recording 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tuukka Jaakkola led the Mustangs to a 74-56 victory. He produced 17 points and six rebounds. Cal Poly’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Mustangs had more offensive rebounds (9 vs. 3), defensive rebounds (33 vs. 23) and total rebounds (42 vs. 26).
Cal Poly could have a tough time creating turnovers. CSUN ranks 37th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Cal Poly forces the 171st-most turnovers (19.6 percent).
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. CSUN Matadors ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – CSUN, O/U – Over
- Cal Poly ranks 99th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while CSUN ranks 276th (25.4).
- The Matadors rank 242nd in rebounds per game (33.1) while the Mustangs rank 275th (32.0).
- The Matadors rank 87th in assists per game (14.1) while the Mustangs rank 261st (9.7).
- CSUN ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Cal Poly ranks 155th (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Mustangs have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (11.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (4.4 above their season average).
- The Matadors have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, CSUN has lost by an average of 3.5 points.