The Cal Poly Mustangs (1-0) will travel to the McKale Memorial Center to square off against the Arizona Wildcats (1-0). The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018, and will air on Pac-12 Network.
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Wildcats won big over the Houston Baptist Huskies 90-60, while the Mustangs beat the Menlo Oaks 82-75.
Cal Poly dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.420 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7. For those same stats, Menlo had marks of 0.153 and 20.0, respectively. Arizona, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.491 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.544. Houston Baptist was 0.159 and 0.355, respectively, for those same stats. Brandon Randolph played well for Arizona with 25 points. Meanwhile, Cal Poly was led by Kuba Niziol, who put up 12 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists.
The high-powered offense of Arizona will clash against the porous defense of Cal Poly. Dating back to last season, the Wildcats rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Mustangs are 302nd in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats should have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, put-back points could be tough to come by for the Mustangs. They rank 275th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.0 percent, while the Wildcats have been 49th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.5 percent).
Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Cal Poly, ATS Winner – Cal Poly, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Arizona ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while Cal Poly ranks 239th (36.6).
- The Wildcats rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Mustangs rank 162nd (3.6).
- Cal Poly ranks 254th in steals per game (5.0) while Arizona ranks 255th (5.0).
- The Mustangs rank 89th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Wildcats rank 275th (18.4).
- Arizona ranks 74th in assists per game (15.1) while Cal Poly ranks 258th (12.1).