The BYU Cougars (19-7, 8-3 WCC) will be at Albert Gersten Pavilion to take on the Loyola Marymount Lions (8-16, 2-8 WCC) in a WCC matchup. The game will air on ESPNU at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
BYU Cougars vs. Loyola Marymount Lions Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Lions got blown out by the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 85-67, while the Cougars beat the San Francisco Dons, 90-76.
The Cougars forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.651 (above their season average of 0.595). Loyola Marymount, meanwhile, held Gonzaga to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 33.9). Loyola Marymount received a boost from Eli Scott, who contributed 15 points. Yoeli Childs fueled BYU with 32 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Childs led the Cougars to a 63-38 win. He recorded a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Making free throws was one of BYU’s largest strengths. They were 9-11 (81.8 percent), while the Lions were just 4-13 (30.8 percent).
Loyola Marymount should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Lions currently rank 73rd in effective field goal percentage (0.524), while BYU ranks 183rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.491).
BYU Cougars at Loyola Marymount Lions Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Byu, ATS Winner – BYU, O/U – Over
- BYU ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Loyola Marymount ranks 249th (18.4).
- The Lions rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while the Cougars rank 88th (33.4).
- The Cougars rank sixth in assists per game (17.5) while the Lions rank 185th (12.3).
- BYU ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Loyola Marymount ranks 114th (3.4).
- The Cougars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (2.1 above their season average).