The BYU Cougars (4-2) head to Utah Valley to take on the Wolverines (4-2) in what should be a fast-paced game. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
BYU Cougars at Utah Valley Wolverines Free Preview
The Cougars barely escaped the Massachusetts Minutemen in their last contest, 68-66. Yoeli Childs was the games high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Cougars, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.4, had an absurd mark of 43.2, while the Minutemen had a turnover percentage of 18.7 (above the 14.2 mark opponents have averaged against BYU this season).
In the Wolverines last game, they beat the North Dakota Fighting Hawks, 83-75. Utah Valley was lifted by Akolda Manyang, who was the teams leading scorer with 24 points on 10-for-18 shooting. The Wolverines made 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and held the Fighting Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.379 (below their season average of 0.507).
There should be plenty of transition offense in this meeting that features two of the nation’s more up-tempo teams. Utah Valley ranks 13th in possessions per game (75.4) and BYU is 23rd (74.0) dating back to last season.
The Wolverines won the lone contest against the Cougars last season, 114-101. The Wolverines dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.353 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.662. For those same stats, the Cougars were 0.269 and 0.513, respectively.
BYU Cougars vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars average 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 124th in the NCAA. The Wolverines rank 261st in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- BYU ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.7) while Utah Valley ranks 120th (3.6).
- Utah Valley ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while BYU ranks 276th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Cougars rank eighth in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Wolverines rank 250th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Utah Valley averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. BYU ranks 217th in assists allowed per game (14.1).