The BYU Cougars (20-7, 9-3 WCC) and the San Diego Toreros (9-18, 2-10 WCC) battle at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The Cougars will attempt to lengthen their five-game winning streak. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
BYU Cougars at San Diego Toreros ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Toreros lost a tough one against the Pepperdine Waves, 72-69, while the Cougars easily got past the Loyola Marymount Lions, 77-54.
BYU dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 14.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (above their season average of 19.9). For those same stats, Loyola Marymount was 27.8 and 16.7, respectively. San Diego, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.517 (above their season average of 0.467). Braun Hartfield had a good game for San Diego, recording 26 points. Alex Barcello played a pivotal role for BYU with 18 points.
In their first matchup this year, Kolby Lee led the Cougars to a 93-70 win. He scored a game-high 21 points. BYU had a much better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 20.2). San Diego, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 19.4).
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for San Diego in this showdown. The Toreros currently rank 258th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while BYU ranks 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.5 percent).
BYU at San Diego Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Byu, ATS Winner – BYU, O/U – Over
- BYU ranks fifth in assists per game (17.5) while San Diego ranks 173rd (12.6).
- The Toreros rank 201st in rebounds per game (34.1) while the Cougars rank 237th (33.0).
- The Cougars rank 47th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Toreros rank 194th (20.7).
- BYU ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while San Diego ranks 100th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 88.0 points per game (10.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Toreros’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 4.7 for the season.