The Texas Longhorns (3-0) and the Butler Bulldogs (3-1) clash in the Phil Knight Invitational – Motion at Memorial Coliseum. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Butler Bulldogs vs. Texas Longhorns Odds Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they were victorious over the Furman Paladins, 82-65. With 18 points, Kamar Baldwin had a good game for Butler. The Bulldogs, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.508, had a ridiculous mark of 0.667, while the Paladins had a free throw rate of 0.158 (below their season average of 0.227).
The Longhorns will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Lipscomb Bisons in their last outing, 80-57. Texas was lifted by Mohamed Bamba, who had 13 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. The Longhorns had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.535 vs. 0.310) and had a much better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 19.7).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Texas. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Texas ranks 201st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Butler has forced the 97th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.1 percent). Moreover, the Bulldogs rank 31st in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Longhorns rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472).
Butler Bulldogs vs. Texas Longhorns Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 40th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Longhorns rank 136th (6.1).
- Butler ranks 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Texas ranks 237th (19.3).
- Butler ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while Texas ranks 197th (35.8).
- The Longhorns rank 40th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Bulldogs rank 197th (2.9).
- Butler ranks 170th in assists per game (13.3) while Texas ranks 277th (11.5).