The Maryland Terrapins (2-0) will be at home in Xfinity Center when they go head-to-head with the Butler Bulldogs (2-0). Maryland is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Butler Bulldogs at Maryland Terrapins ATS Preview
The Bulldogs defeated the Princeton Tigers in their last matchup, 85-75. Kelan Martin was Butlers leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Bulldogs had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.7 vs. 0.0) and had a much better turnover percentage (9.6 vs. 16.5).
The last time the Terrapins played, they blew out the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 96-43. Maryland was lifted by Anthony Cowan, who was the teams high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Maryland dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.389 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 55.2. Maryland Eastern Shore put up marks of 0.036 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams square off. Maryland ranks 258th in possessions per game (67.9) and Butler is 295th (66.9) dating back to last season. Moreover, the upper-echelon offense of the Bulldogs ranks 35th in effective field goal percentage (0.547), while the Terrapins have been 35th-best in the NCAA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.467).
The Bulldogs are 25-8 straight up (SU) and 20-13 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Butler games have had a slight tendency to go over the projected point total since last season (45.5 percent).
On the other hand, the Terrapins, have records of 26-8 SU and 17-13-1 ATS since last season. Just over half of Marylands games have finished under the projected point total over that same time frame.
Butler Bulldogs vs. Maryland Terrapins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs are 19th in the NCAA with 10.7 assists allowed per game while the Terrapins are 27th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- Maryland ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Butler ranks 111th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2).
- Maryland ranks 39th in blocks per game (4.7) while Butler ranks 188th (2.9).
- The Terrapins rank 149th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Bulldogs rank 288th (32.2).
- Butler ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Maryland ranks 136th (6.1).