The 21st-ranked Butler Bulldogs (19-8, 7-7 Big East) will be at the CHI Health Center Omaha to square off against the 15th-ranked Creighton Bluejays (21-6, 10-4 Big East) in a Big East matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Butler Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bluejays beat the 19th-ranked Marquette Golden Eagles, 73-65, while the Bulldogs lost a winnable game to the 16th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates, 74-72.
The Bluejays had a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 14.3) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.541 vs. 0.475). Butler, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 16.3). Ty-Shon Alexander played a pivotal role for Creighton with 22 points and five rebounds. Kamar Baldwin, meanwhile had a solid performance for Butler, contributing 20 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Sean McDermott led the Bulldogs to a 71-57 victory. He registered a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds. The Bulldogs’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bluejays. Butler had a rate of 9.3, while Creighton posted a mark of 17.6.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a balanced matchup. The elite Creighton offense ranks 18th in the nation in that metric at 0.549, while the stingy Butler defense is ranked 35th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456).
Butler Bulldogs at Creighton Bluejays ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Under
- Butler ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Creighton ranks 229th (37.0).
- The Bluejays rank 127th in steals per game (6.5) while the Bulldogs rank 225th (5.0).
- The Bluejays rank 22nd in assists per game (15.7) while the Bulldogs rank 166th (12.8).
- Butler ranks 117th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while Creighton ranks 233rd (24.1).
- The Bluejays’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (9.9 above their season average).