The Buffalo Bulls (15-9, 6-5 MAC) will be at Savage Arena to go head-to-head with the Toledo Rockets (12-13, 4-8 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Buffalo Bulls at Toledo Rockets ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Rockets defeated the Miami (OH) RedHawks 65-57, while the Bulls beat the Central Michigan Chippewas 65-60.
Buffalo dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.115 (below their season average of 0.177) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (below their season average of 36.5). For those same stats, Central Michigan was 0.057 and 24.4, respectively. Meanwhile, Toledo played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.265) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 29.7). For those same stats, Miami (OH) recorded marks of 0.103 and 20.9, respectively. Toledo was led by Marreon Jackson, who put up 24 points and 10 rebounds. Jeenathan Williams, meanwhile had a solid performance for Buffalo, putting up 20 points and eight rebounds.
The Bulls dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent matchup, Buffalo won 88-82. Buffalo’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Bulls had 14 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Rockets had eight and 38, respectively. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The high-powered offense of Toledo (43rd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 109.5) will battle against the mid-tier defense of Buffalo (178th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 99.8). The Rockets figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Buffalo Bulls at Toledo Rockets Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Over
- Buffalo ranks second in rebounds per game (42.6) while Toledo ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Rockets average 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. The Bulls rank 157th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Buffalo ranks 27th in blocks per game (4.8) while Toledo ranks 102nd (3.4).
- The Bulls rank 29th in steals per game (8.3) while the Rockets rank 173rd (5.8).
- Buffalo averages 25.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Toledo ranks 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- The Bulls have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Buffalo has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.