The Syracuse Orange (9-1) will be at home in Carrier Dome when they square off with the Buffalo Bulls (6-1). Syracuse is a 10.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Buffalo Bulls at Syracuse Orange Free Preview
In the Bulls last contest, they defeated the Robert Morris Colonials, 86-70. CJ Massinburg was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 6-for-8 shooting. The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.527, had a ridiculous mark of 0.603 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 34.9).
The Orange will look to maintain momentum after topping the Georgetown Hoyas in their last matchup, 86-79. Syracuse was lifted by Oshae Brissett, who finished with 25 points and 14 rebounds. Syracuse dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.4 (below their season average of 41.6) and a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 15.1). Georgetown was 26.5 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Syracuse should have a noteworthy advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Orange defense ranks 71st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.496), while the Buffalo offense ranks 182nd in effective field goal percentage (0.517).
Of Buffalo’s 8 games, four have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Syracuse’s 8 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have superb straight up (SU) records (6-1 for Buffalo; 9-1 for Syracuse), but the Bulls have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Buffalo is 4-4 ATS, while the Orange are 4-4.
Brissett has been solid over the last five games for Syracuse, averaging 16.2 points, 10.2 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
Buffalo Bulls at Syracuse Orange ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulls rank 87th in assists per game (14.8) while the Orange rank 199th in assists allowed per game (17.0).
- Syracuse ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.0) while Buffalo ranks 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Buffalo ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while Syracuse ranks 229th (25.3).
- The Orange average 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 155th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Syracuse ranks 19th in steals per game (8.3) while Buffalo ranks 134th (5.9).