The Southern Illinois Salukis (0-1) open their home schedule at SIU Arena against the Buffalo Bulls (2-0). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls at Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Salukis fell to the second-ranked Kentucky Wildcats, 71-59, while the Bulls beat the 13th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers, 99-94.
The Bulls had a much better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 18.9) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.6 vs. 32.6). Southern Illinois, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.5 vs. 22.4). Southern Illinois was lifted by Kavion Pippen, who contributed 16 points and seven rebounds. CJ Massinburg played a key role for Buffalo with 43 points and 14 rebounds.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Bulls will look to push the more half-court-oriented Salukis. Since the 2017-18 season, the Bulls rank 24th in possessions per game while the Salukis are 291st.
Buffalo Bulls at Southern Illinois Salukis Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Buffalo ranks 31st in rebounds per game (38.9) while Southern Illinois ranks 299th (32.3).
- The Salukis rank 33rd in steals per game (7.5) while the Bulls rank 123rd (6.4).
- Southern Illinois blocks 3.5 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 125th in the country. Buffalo ranks 186th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Bulls rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Salukis rank 285th (18.2).
- Buffalo ranks 16th in assists per game (16.7) while Southern Illinois ranks 131st (14.0).