The Buffalo Bulls (17-9, 8-5 MAC) will be at the Memorial A & C Center to clash with the Kent State Golden Flashes (17-9, 7-6 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Flashes were blown out by the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 70-49, while the Bulls defeated the Ball State Cardinals, 72-59.
Buffalo dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 16.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.2 (below their season average of 36.2). For those same stats, Ball State was 19.4 and 17.9, respectively. Kent State, meanwhile, forced Eastern Michigan into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above the 17.8 mark opponents have averaged against Kent State this season). Kent State was lifted by Danny Pippen, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds. Josh Mballa played a key role for Buffalo with 16 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Pippen led the Golden Flashes to a 70-66 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 20 points. One of Kent State’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 8-8 (100.0 percent), while the Bulls were just 4-9 (44.4 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Kent State figures to have a considerable advantage. The Golden Flashes defense ranks 86th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470), while the Buffalo offense is ranked 199th in effective field goal percentage (0.495). Also, the Bulls could control the offensive glass in this showdown as they rank 10th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.1 percent. The Golden Flashes, meanwhile, rank 302nd at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.1 percent.
Buffalo Bulls vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- Buffalo ranks second in rebounds per game (42.8) while Kent State ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- The Bulls rank 30th in assists per game (15.3) while the Golden Flashes rank 121st in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- Kent State averages 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 51st in the country. Buffalo ranks 125th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- The Golden Flashes rank 24th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bulls rank 179th (7.2).
- Kent State ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Buffalo ranks 157th (4.1).
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (6.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (8.0 below their season average).
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.