The 21st-ranked Buffalo Bulls (11-1) and the Canisius Golden Griffins (3-7) clash at Koessler Athletic Center. The Bulls look to lengthen their 11-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls at Canisius Golden Griffins ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Golden Griffins defeated the Bucknell Bison 82-73, while the Bulls beat the Saint Francis U Red Flash 82-67.
Buffalo played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.2 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.479. For those same stats, Saint Francis U was 21.6 and 0.409, respectively. Meanwhile, Canisius dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 and a free throw rate of 0.351. For those same stats, Bucknell recorded marks of 15.6 and 0.208, respectively. Canisius was led by Takal Molson, who contributed 25 points and seven rebounds. Nick Perkins, meanwhile fueled Buffalo with 16 points and nine rebounds.
The Bulls won the lone game between these two teams last season, 80-75. The Bulls’ 12.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Golden Griffins, who had a rate of 23.9. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Molson and Isaiah Reese have played at a high level over the last five games for Canisius. Molson has averaged 0 points, while Reese has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
Canisius might have trouble scoring as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. Buffalo currently ranks 75th in defensive efficiency while the Golden Griffins rank 321st in offensive efficiency. Also, the Bulls rank 20th in turnover percentage (15.8 percent), while the Golden Griffins rank 43rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.9 percent).
Buffalo Bulls at Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Over
- Buffalo ranks 36th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Canisius ranks 238th (31.3).
- The Bulls rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.5) while the Golden Griffins rank 111th (23.4).
- Buffalo is 10th in the NCAA with 4.6 steals allowed per game while Canisius is 55th with 5.8 steals allowed per game.
- The Bulls rank 16th in assists per game (17.8) while the Golden Griffins rank 170th (12.2).
- Buffalo ranks 20th in blocks per game (5.3) while Canisius ranks 117th (2.8).
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Golden Griffins’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 8.7 for the season.