MAC foes will collide when the Miami (OH) RedHawks (13-14, 6-8 MAC) clash against the Buffalo Bulls (20-7, 12-2 MAC) at John D. Millett Hall. Buffalo opened as a 6-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 151 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Buffalo Bulls at Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Preview
The last time the Bulls played, they defeated the Bowling Green Falcons, 95-82. CJ Massinburg was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.540, had a phenomenal mark of 0.609 and had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 15.1).
The RedHawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 92-87 loss to the Ohio Bobcats in their last outing. Nike Sibande was Miami (OH)’s leading scorer with 22 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Ohio did an excellent job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Miami (OH), on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 30.3).
Buffalo may have trouble getting to the foul line in this showdown. The Bulls currently rank 281st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.207, while Miami (OH) ranks 35th in FTA rate allowed (0.190).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Buffalo games have finished over 62.5 percent of the time, while games involving Miami (OH) have gone under 56.0 percent of the time. The Bulls hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (20-7 vs. 13-14), but the RedHawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (15-9-1 vs. 11-11-2).
Jeremy Harris has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Buffalo, averaging 19.4 points, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 148 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 149. The Bulls won 82-66, covering as 16-point favorites. The Bulls played a nearly flawless game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.587 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6. The RedHawks were 0.475 and 26.3, respectively, for those same stats. Harris put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Buffalo Bulls at Miami (OH) RedHawks Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
- The RedHawks rank 38th in steals per game (7.5) while the Bulls rank 109th (6.4).
- Buffalo ranks 58th in blocks per game (4.1) while Miami (OH) ranks 127th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- On the road, Buffalo is 7-6-1 ATS with 9 overs and 5 unders.
- Miami (OH) is 5-4 ATS at home with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- Miami (OH) averages 37.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. Buffalo ranks 236th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Bulls rank 18th in assists per game (17.0) while the RedHawks rank 137th (13.9).
- Buffalo ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Miami (OH) ranks 124th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- Miami (OH) is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Buffalo is 0-4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The RedHawks have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Miami (OH) has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 89.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (5.6 above their season average).