It will be a showdown between two great offenses when the Central Michigan Chippewas (10-7, 3-1 MAC) clash with the Buffalo Bulls (11-6, 2-2 MAC) at McGuirk Arena. The game begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Buffalo Bulls at Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Chippewas beat the Toledo Rockets 74-67, while the Bulls barely escaped the Ohio Bobcats 76-73.
The Bulls knocked down 11 of their 14 free throws (78.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.524 (above their season average of 0.508). The Chippewas, meanwhile, knocked down 15 of their 20 free throws (75.0 percent) and held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below their season average of 31.9). Dallas Morgan played a pivotal role for Central Michigan with 22 points. Buffalo, meanwhile, was led by Jeenathan Williams, who put up 26 points and seven rebounds.
The Bulls dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last contest, Buffalo won 85-81. Buffalo’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Central Michigan. The Bulls had a rate of 0.258, while the Chippewas posted a mark of 0.106. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this contest that showcases two of the NCAA’s more fast-paced teams. Central Michigan ranks 15th in possessions per game (75.8) and Buffalo is 25th (74.3). Moreover, the Bulls, who rank 306th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.181), will battle against the Chippewas, who rank 21st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.157).
Buffalo Bulls at Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Under
- Buffalo ranks 20th in assists per game (16.4) while Central Michigan ranks 220th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Bulls rank 46th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Chippewas rank 176th (2.2).
- Central Michigan ranks 15th in steals per game (9.4) while Buffalo ranks 135th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Bulls average 26.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 45th in the country. The Chippewas rank 241st in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- Buffalo averages 41.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the country. Central Michigan ranks 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Chippewas have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Central Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 7.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average).