The Holy Cross Crusaders (3-24, 2-12 Pat) welcome the Bucknell Bison (10-17, 6-8 Pat) to Hart Recreation Center. The Crusaders look to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game starts at 7:05 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Bucknell Bison at Holy Cross Crusaders Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Crusaders fell to the Lafayette Leopards, 72-62, while the Bison beat the American University Eagles, 72-68.
Bucknell played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.208) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (above their season average of 0.487). For those same stats, American University recorded marks of 0.154 and 0.446, respectively. Holy Cross, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 18.4). Joe Pridgen played well for Holy Cross with 25 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Kahliel Spear played well for Bucknell, putting up 20 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, John Meeks led the Bison to a 75-60 win. He put up 19 points and five rebounds. Bucknell had a much better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 28.1). Holy Cross, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (10-14; 71.4 percent).
Holy Cross could struggle to create turnovers. Bucknell ranks 211th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 19.6 percent), while Holy Cross forces the eighth-fewest turnovers (15.8 percent).
Bucknell Bison vs. Holy Cross Crusaders Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Under
- Bucknell ranks 89th in steals per game (7.0) while Holy Cross ranks 228th (4.9).
- The Bison rank 262nd in rebounds per game (32.6) while the Crusaders rank 274th (32.1).
- Bucknell averages 12.3 assists per game, which ranks 190th in the nation. Holy Cross ranks 201st in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- The Bison rank 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Crusaders rank 65th (19.6).
- Bucknell averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. Holy Cross ranks 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 63.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- The Crusaders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 11.7 for the season.